Junior Production EngineerHouston, TX
This entry-level position will support senior engineers in their daily tasks and responsibilities. The candidate will work with field and office staff to help maximize production and efficient operating costs through operating practices review and hands-on field optimization. The candidate will also learn and assist with maximizing production from the field on a total and per-well basis while embracing the Company culture of hands-on leadership support from technical experts to field-based operations. The position is in our Houston office and will require travel to our Eagleford Shale play offices South of San Antonio, Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with monitoring production volumes utilizing Cygnet (Scada) and Spotfire software platforms to optimize the production system from the reservoir to the sales point. Create production trends to interpret production data and drive system optimization.
- Assist with daily cost tracking and auditing to ensure quality data and leveraging that data to lower lifting costs. Assist with identifying daily out-of-range cost parameters & develop ways to decrease out-of-range cost creep.
- Assist with all engineering aspects involved with well design, completion, workover, and well intervention (through-tubing operations, coiled tubing, electric line, slick line, and production optimization)
- Assist with monitoring, KPI reporting, and summarizing production chemical usage to track trends in chemical costs and consumption, allowing for use optimization.
- Learn and assit with production economics, production forecasting, and modeling using ARIES.
- Ability to assist with developing AFEs, including the high-level scope of work summarization related to project costing required to analyze project economics for viability.
- Must possess a good understanding of the fundamentals of production optimization by applying lessons learned, installing and optimizing artificial lift, and performing necessary facility modifications, including the use and design of sucker rod pumps, gas lift, plunger lift, plunger-assisted gas lift, and jet pump systems.
- Assist with Lease Operating Expense KPI reporting and improvement by providing technical and financial analysis support to field operations to control and reduce LOE while maintaining system integrity.
- Assist with workover operations, working with the operations staff. Determine the economic feasibility of well production enhancement opportunities, provide cost estimates, and draft workover procedures. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of the procedures.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor or manager.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below represent those required to complete the essential duties listed above successfully.
Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
Other Skills & Requirements
Familiar with the basics of production engineering and operations, including well intervention, artificial lift optimization, compression, depletion planning, and facility design and optimization.
Must be able to travel to field locations several days a week to support operations teams.
Must thrive in a fast-paced environment while finding ways to step back and analyze singular items when required.
Experience with Office suite required. Spotfire, Wellview, Cygnet, and Aries is nice to have but not required.
Certificates and Licenses
Date Posted: 07-07-2023
back to Career page