Senior Financial AnalystHouston, TX
This position serves as an analyst and accounting liaison for the technical asset teams and assists in preparing monthly financial reports and schedules for the Company’s internal meetings. The position is actively involved in the Company’s Annual Plan creation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for providing critical support to the technical asset teams. The position achieves this by preparing monthly internal financial reports and analyses, managing capital and financial forecasts, budget planning, quarterly activity reviews, preparing asset management profiles, researching, and analyzing revenue and operating expenses, and preparing ad hoc reports as requested by asset teams.
- Responsible for preparing cost and production reports for field personnel and working with field personnel to provide additional analysis and information for special projects as needed.
- Responsible for preparing analysis for the monthly employee open book management meetings and executive reports. The analysts are responsible for all aspects of the monthly meetings, including preparing schedules, presentations, and meeting support materials.
- Responsible for the timely distribution of monthly internal financial reports, analysis, and review of the reports for accuracy, and preparing and booking operating expense and AFE Accruals required for the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Responsible for analyzing monthly results for the asset team, performing variance analysis, identifying anomalies and trends, making recommendations for improvements, and providing value-add services.
- Responsible for preparing special reports and completing special projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for various groups throughout the Company, including executives, technical employees, and accountants.
- This position will have an active role in preparing the Company’s Annual Plan process, including preparing a plan for the asset team and reviewing the Plan with management.
- This position is a senior role on the accounting team and, therefore, will assist in coaching and mentoring junior staff on internal financial reporting tasks.
- Required to maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor or manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Ability to interpret and apply key financial indicators to make better business decisions. Employees understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators and use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Can make sound decisions in the absence of the complete picture. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions considers all relevant factors, and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Can see when an 80% solution is sufficient.
Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems effectively. Know to ask the right questions to analyze situations accurately. Can acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems and uncovers root causes of difficult problems.
Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. Follows through on commitments and is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidence and practices what they preach by showing consistency between words and actions.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below represent those required to complete the essential duties listed above.
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent preferred. A minimum of ten (10) years of oil and gas accounting or financial analysis experience is required.
Strong audit, reporting, and reconciling skills. The ability to meet deadlines includes working off hours as required to achieve goals. Ability to work independently, completing multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
Full knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Preferred experience with PowerBI and knowledge of BOLO and Spotfire.
Date Posted: 02-23-2023
back to Career page