Production EngineerHouston, TX
This position is responsible for working with the field organization to oversee operations and production optimization for all wells, facilities, gathering systems, and compressors in the specified area. The candidate will work with field and office staff to strive for maximum production and efficient operating costs through operating practices review and hands-on field optimization. The candidate will also be responsible for maximizing production from the field on a total and per-well basis while driving the Company culture of hands-on leadership support from technical experts to field-based operations. The position is in our field offices in the Eagleford Shale play south of San Antonio, Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor production volumes utilizing Cygnet (Scada) and Spotfire software platforms to optimize the production system from the reservoir to the sales point. Create production trends to interpret production data and drive system optimization.
- Responsible for daily cost tracking and auditing to ensure quality data and leveraging that data to lower lifting costs. Assist with identifying daily out-of-range cost parameters & develop ways to decrease out-of-range cost creep.
- Responsible for all engineering aspects involved with well design, completion, workover, and well intervention (through-tubing operations, coiled tubing, electric line, slick line, and production optimization)
- Responsible for monitoring, KPI reporting, and summarizing production chemical usage to track trends in chemical costs and consumption, allowing for use optimization.
- Responsible for production economics, production forecasting, and modeling using ARIES.
- Ability to assist with developing AFEs, including the high-level scope of work summarization related to project costing required to analyze project economics for viability.
- Responsible for production optimization by applying lessons learned, installing, and optimizing artificial lift, and performing necessary facility modifications, including the use and design of sucker rod pumps, gas lift, plunger lift, plunger-assisted gas lift, and jet pump systems.
- Responsible for Lease Operating Expense KPI reporting and improvement by providing technical and financial analysis support to field operations to control and reduce LOE while maintaining system integrity. Accountable for an area’s Lease Operating Statements and providing support for the annual budget process.
- Responsible for workover operations, working with the operations staff. Determine the economic feasibility of well production enhancement opportunities, provide cost estimates, and draft workover procedures. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of the procedures.
All other duties and tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor or manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Works well on teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Forms teams with an appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset focusing on strong team morale.
Demonstrates wise decision-making and progresses issues, even when only partial information is available. Demonstrates an innovative approach in looking for ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Ability to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. Readily tackles tough assignments, faces difficult issues, and supports others who do the same. Provides direct and actionable feedback and is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below represent those required to complete the essential duties listed above successfully.
Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering. 3-5 years of production and facilities engineering experience in unconventional shale plays.
Other Skills & Requirements
Knowledge of production engineering and operations, including well intervention, artificial lift optimization, compression, depletion planning, and facility design and optimization, is preferred.
Skilled in writing well work procedures, oil and gas processing design and operations, and production surveillance techniques.
Must be able to travel to field locations several days a week to support operations teams.
Must thrive in a fast-paced environment while finding ways to step back and analyze singular items when required.
Experience with Office suite required, and Spotfire, Wellview, Cygnet, and Aries preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
Date Posted: 03-01-2023
back to Career page