Senior Financial Reporting AccountantHouston, TX
This position is responsible for working independently and proactively on numerous complex financial reporting accounting tasks. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will report to the Financial Reporting Manager and will be an instrumental member of the accounting team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for producing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (by entity and consolidated)
- Responsible for reviews and tie-out of internal and external monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Responsible for performing month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing duties
- Responsible for preparing monthly general ledger entries for multiple entities
- Responsible for analytical review of financial statements (including review of BS and IS variance analyses)
- Responsible for preparing schedules underlying financial statements and disclosures
- Responsible for posting accruals for Ad Valorem, G&A, Interest, Bonus, LOE, and Revenue
- Assists in reconciling account balances, including Cash, A/R, O&G Assets, A/P, Accruals, Debt, and ARO.
- Responsible for ad-hoc analysis, variance analysis, and special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas accounting
- Adheres to the Company's values – contribution, responsibility, perseverance
- Responsible for maintaining employee confidence and protection of corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Ability to rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. Is confident under pressure and handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity and bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.
Ability to work on strong teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below represent those required to complete the essential duties listed above.
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent preferred.
Minimum five (5) years of oil and gas accounting or financial reporting experience is required.
Strong spreadsheet audit and reconciling skills. Ability to meet time deadlines including working off hours as required to achieve goals. Ability to work independently, completing multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
Full knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Preferred knowledge of Bolo accounting software.
Date Posted: 01-17-2023
back to Career page