Revenue AccountantHouston, TX
This position will report to Revenue Accounting Manager and will be an instrumental member of the accounting team, working independently and proactively on numerous complex revenue accounting tasks. The candidate must have the ability to work independently and meet tight time deadlines, including working evenings and weekends when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Record oil and gas revenue for Texas, both operated and non-operated properties
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and variance analysis as needed
- Perform revenue accruals for operating and non-operating wells
- Analyze plant statements
- Liaison with Production, Marketing, Land Administration and other departments within the organization
- Prepares accounts receivable reconciliation report and resolves outstanding balances on a monthly basis.
- Prepares general ledger (G/L) account reconciliation report and reconciles and clears balances on a monthly basis.
- Prepares gas balancing statements and pipeline reconciliation reports.
- Prepares sales variance analysis and explains major sales fluctuations for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Performs special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Setup and maintain all revenue cross references
- Perform cash application by purchaser each month
- Issue royalty checks
- Knowledge of Texas escheat process
- Knowledge of Texas severance tax reporting
- Completes special projects, as assigned.
- Adheres to the Company's values – contribution, responsibility, perseverance.
- Supports Company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Maintains employee confidence and corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor or manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership and takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Can makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions and considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Can see when an 80% solution is sufficient.
Ability to making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Know to asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Can acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems and uncovers root causes to difficult problems.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below are representative of those required to successfully completed the essential duties listed above.
Bachelor’s degree in an accounting or related field is preferred.
5+ years of oil & gas revenue accounting preferred.
Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
Comprehensive knowledge of oil and gas accounting system and bookkeeping for revenues.
Strong accounting reconciliation abilities.
Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excell skills.
Experience with Oil and Gas ERP software (BOLO preferred).
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Environmental, Physical & Equipment Requirements
The work environment is primarily in an office setting. May include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours.
The physical requirements of the job are primarily sitting at an office desk using a computer and other office tools but may require the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with or without aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs. and perceive depth.
The equipment used in performing the primary job function include but is not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, and a telephone.
Limitations & Disclaimers
This job description describes the general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position; it is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or skills required for the position.
The general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some physical requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health or safety to themselves or others.
This job description neither states nor implies that the listed general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the position are the only tasks expected of an employee. An employee is also required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor and not in violation of any applicable laws, regulations, or rules.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, an employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty, responsibility, and physical requirement proficiently.
Date Posted: 11-09-2022
back to Career page