Senior Compression MechanicWhitsett, TX, Asherton, TX, Dilley, TX
This position is primarily responsible for executing the daily and routine maintenance of all company-owned rotating equipment as assigned by their direct supervisor or manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform all the below duties while taking responsibility for the listed accountabilities:
- Perform daily repairs and preventative maintenance on all Company owned rotating equipment, such as company natural gas engine/compressors, air compressors, centrifugal pumps, VRUs, jet pumps, coolers, artificial lift equipment, LACT pumps, etc., with little to no direction.
- Troubleshoot major maintenance failures on gas compressors as a team, including mechanical, electrical, process, etc., with little to no direction.
- Perform call-out duties 24/7/365 for issues with Company owned compression and in support of third-party contract compression companies.
- Complete monthly oil sampling of natural gas engines and compressors to prevent premature failure of equipment to aid in managing operating costs for lubricants.
- Complete startups on new company compressors to ensure CAT/Ariel warranties are in place for HP up to 1380 HP.
- Assist Leads with quarterly emission compliance testing on natural gas compressors for HP above 500 to ensure EPA air quality regulations are compliant, as needed.
- Assist Lead with inventory for all rotating equipment, as needed.
- Provide onsite supervision on small construction projects.
- Train Production Operators on performing simple repairs to process equipment.
- Assist Foreman & Leads with the training of Mechanics 1 & 2 with maintenance duties of rotating equipment.
- Champions the Company's health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures, and programs.
All other duties and tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor or manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Holds self and others accountable to meet and follow through on commitments and ensures others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership and takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Mechanical & Spatial Aptitude
Possess the ability to review and assess which mechanical principles are best used to solve problems. Ability to perceive spatial relationships and judge distance, speed and force appropriately, correctly applying each to achieve a task safely and effectively. Strong understanding of mechanical operations and fundamental physical laws.
Works well on teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Forms teams with an appropriate and diverse mix of styles, views, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset focusing on solid team morale.
Qualifications & Skills
The qualifications and skills listed below represent those required to complete the essential duties listed above successfully.
High School Diploma required
5-10+ years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing O&G production equipment.
Deep knowledge of gas processes.
Deep understanding of the mechanics of Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar, and other motor compressors.
Strong understanding of O&G compression and process production equipment.
Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Certificates and Licenses
OEM/Trade School certification for CAT, Waukesha, Ariel preferred.
A valid Driver's License is required with Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Date Posted: 03-29-2023
back to Career page