IT Field Operations/SCADAHouston, TX
Supports business objectives through the following specialty areas: Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Telecom, Fiber Communication, Control Systems, Communication Systems, Third-part application support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Acts as corporate support for all SCADA and Controls applications across departments
• Handles day to day administration, monitoring and support of the SCADA and control systems (data historians), devices and field communications infrastructure.
• Ensures proper installation, operation, maintenance and support of Targa’s Data Historians and associated hardware and software
• Manages and maintains SCADA/Automation processes and reports
• Develops and maintains enterprise level reporting for system analysis use.
• Sets up and maintains all user access and security role changes for the SCADA systems
• Sets up and maintains DR (disaster recovery) processes for the control systems.
• Oversee vendor resources on projects
• Assists in the implementation of new software/systems
• Provide functional and/or technical direction/assistance for assigned applications.
• Monitor incoming service requests and incidents for assigned application(s)
• Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents per their priority/rank and identify the resolution and/or issue
• Work directly with users to identify and resolve issues adversely impacting business processes
• Define/develop technical solutions ensuring considerations for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
• Identify solution alternatives to address issues raised throughout service request or incident lifecycle
• Utilize 3rd parties and vendor support as defined within existing support arrangements and escalate additional (billable) support to appropriate IT management for approval
• Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g., change management, communication, and release management)
• Complete high-level designs and associated estimates to meet defined requirements
• Monitor application backlog (service requests, incidents) and keep open items updated with current efforts
• Maintain documentation (run books, technical design, build, deployment, install guides) and process standards in area of responsibility along with regular audits to validate accuracy
• Develop documentation and provide training to users as appropriate
• Define potential improvement changes to resolve errors, prevent the recurrence of problems or improve system maintainability and stability for assigned applications
• Provide input to IT Project Management Office to support clear and concise requirements definition
• Assist team members handling major incidents for assigned applications; identify the root cause and short- or long-term solutions
• Informally mentor less experienced team members on an as needed basis
• Prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other team members and IT Management
• Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
• Five (5) plus years of experience supporting SCADA applications and data historians
• Five (5) plus years of experience in SCADA protocols and data communications
• Three (3) plus years of experience with Windows Server and Client OS, TCP/IP networks and control networks (OT) security practices
• Three (3) plus years of experience in application development or a programming language
• Regular and reliable attendance
• In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required
• Experience with Weatherford Cygnet, Canary Labs/, and historian & time series data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving
• Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture, organize, and analyze information
• Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies
• Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions
• Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner
• Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Ability to deal with internal employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Willingness to limited travel to company field locations as required
Date Posted: 06-20-2022
back to Career page