Field Production EngineerWhitsett, TX
Dynamic, fast-growing E&P company seeks a highly motivated and energetic Field Production Engineer to optimize production volumes and support facility modifications across company’s Eagle Ford and Austin Chalk assets. This position will work out of Verdun’s field office located in Whitsett, TX, with occasional meetings at Verdun’s corporate headquarters located in Houston, TX. The candidate will work in a team environment with upstream and mid-stream operations and execute a variety of production and facility-related projects. This position to report to the Operations Manager, and will have daily interaction with the COO, Production and Construction Foremen, Automation team members, Production Accountant, and Field Operators.
• Production Surveillance: Monitor production volumes utilizing Cygnet (Scada) and Spotfire software platforms. Diagnose production enhancement opportunities and make recommendations for improving performance. Evaluate and document results.
• Production Optimization: Based on surveillance observations, make recommendations to install and optimize artificial lift and perform necessary facility modifications.
• Lease Operating Expense (LOE) Improvement: Provide technical and financial analysis support to field operations in efforts to control and reduce LOE. Support the annual budget process for LOE
• Workover Operations: Collaborate with the field operations staff to analyze well service and production enhancement opportunities. Determine the economic feasibility of well production enhancement opportunities, provide cost estimates, and draft up workover procedures. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of the procedures. Provide well site technical support when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
• 2-5 years of production and facilities engineering experience.
• Knowledge of production engineering concepts and operational issues strongly preferred; artificial lift optimization experience and understanding of facilities recommended;
• Basic level competency in writing well work procedures, oil and gas processing design and operations, and production surveillance techniques.
• Unparalleled level of self-motivation; ability to self-source and self-direct daily work flow; inherent desire for operational excellence and to be the best at what you do.
Date Posted: 02-25-2021
back to Career page