Lease Cost AccountantHouston, TX
• Audits costs billed by vendors (hours charged, mileage, volumes delivered / shipped).
• Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of costs based on source documents in accordance with processes and procedures.
• Reviews, codes and tracks invoices to ensure accuracy and proper cost allocation to leases and wells.
• Updates the cost tracker from multiple sources (invoices, delivery tickets, vendor emails, etc.).
• Reviews costs billed and follows-up with the operational management team, accounting department, and vendors when discrepancies arise.
• Provides variance analysis and prepares reports as needed.
• Keeps track of changes.
• Coordinates associated administrative matters (e.g., documentation, files, etc.).
• Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Adheres to the Company's values – contribution, responsibility, perseverance.
• Supports Company vision and mission.
• Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
• Maintains employee confidence and corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Five (2-4) years oil and gas cost accounting experience.
• Knowledge of oil and gas accounting system, operating expenses, capital costs and cash accounting.
• Strong spreadsheet and reconciling accounting skills.
• Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, and officials.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks of differing priorities.
• Ability to meet time deadlines, includes working overtime (evenings and weekends) when necessary.
• Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
• Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Preferred: Excalibur
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
Date Posted: 10-02-2020
back to Career page