Sales Tax AccountantHouston, TX
Dynamic, fast-growing E&P company seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Sales Tax Accountant to be responsible for preparing state Sales and Use tax returns as well as audits, research state taxes and laws, maintain up to date knowledge and handle all tax certifications. The Sales Tax Accountant will report directly to the Controller of the Accounting Department and will work closely with all of the accounting team, operations, procurement, and vendors.
• Prepare multi-State Sales & Use tax returns and assist with state audits when necessary.
• Research and prepare work papers to track sales tax by jurisdictions.
• Maintains up to date knowledge for sales taxes.
• Responsible of all sales tax certificates.
• Enhance and maintain our sales tax preparation system.
• Keep abreast of current developments in the sales tax area.
• Verify and ensure vendor invoice are taxed for sales tax accurately.
• Assist in maintaining daily bookkeeping, record keeping, financial reporting, and the preparation of sales tax records.
• Assist in collecting and tracking payments to vendors.
• Assist when needed with reconciliations.
• Serve as an information specialist in the sales tax area within the company.
• Assist with month end close.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and ten to fifteen years sales tax related experience.
• Experience with Oil and Gas ERP software required.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Date Posted: 09-20-2021
back to Career page