Facilities Engineering InternHouston, TX
Dynamic and fast-paced E&P company seeks a highly motivated Facilities Engineering Intern to assist the Facilities & Automation manager in the designing, budgeting, and construction of central facilities, oil pipelines, and water transfer systems. This role will also assist in automating each of these systems so that data and controls can be readily accessed from the remote operating center.
This position will be based out of Verdun’s Houston office located at 55 Waugh Dr, Suite 400.
Employment Type: Internship, 30-40 hrs/week;
9 month duration from September 15, 2020 to May 15, 2021.
• Work under the direction of Facilities & Automation manager to design central facilities, pipelines, and water transfer systems that are optimally sized for future development, safe, and low cost.
• Assist in the development of capital budgets and construction timelines.
• Daily reporting of work completed, in progress, and upcoming.
• Identify and then communicate gaps or opportunities to improve operational efficiency, reliability, safety, and cost savings.
• Identify opportunities to increase efficiency or enhance system reliability through various means including:
o Identification of process management optimization opportunities
o Reduction of central facility OPEX spend
o Training and technical support for Operations Team
• Work with I&E to ensure well automation and control systems are functional and reporting data accurately in SCADA system
• Adopt safe work practices and conduct operations and activities in accordance with Verdun HSE policies
• Participate and provide updates in operations conference calls
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering-related field preferred
• Relevant Industry Experience preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint) required.
• Attention to detail, efficiency, flexibility, and ability to coordinate well with others is required.
• Unparalleled level of self-motivation; ability to self-source and self-direct daily workflow; inherent desire for operational excellence and to be the best at what you do.
Date Posted: 09-04-2020
back to Career page