Financial Analyst – Oil & Gas OperationsHouston, TX
Dynamic, fast-growing E&P company seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to analyze and report on oil & gas operations and developments across the company’s asset base. This candidate should have experience with oil & gas operations and accounting.
• Analyzes and explains LOE and CapEx monthly, semiannual, and annual variances.
• Prepares reports and recommendations by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing LOE & CapEx data and trend information.
• Assists with calculations of monthly accruals (capital and LOE)
• Prepares and reconciles quarterly LOE and CapEx reports for asset by lease.
• Assists with AFE maintenance
• Implements changes and process improvements to the LOE and CapEx reporting.
• Coordinates requests and contributes to explanations related to monthly, semiannual, and annual reports.
• Prepares and coordinates training of operational employees at corporate and field offices
• Completes special projects, as assigned.
• Maintains property records.
• Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
• Firm adherence to Verdun's Vision, Mission and Business Philosophy & Values.
• Five (5) years oil and gas accounting or financial analysis experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of oil and gas accounting system, bookkeeping for revenues, operating expenses, capital costs and cash and accounting systems.
• Strong spreadsheet and reconciling accounting skills.
• Ability to identify and analyze accounting and compensation questions and develop solutions responsive to those questions.
• Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, and officials.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
• Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
• Ability to meet time deadlines, includes working overtime (evenings and weekends) when necessary.
• Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
• Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Preferred: Excalibur, Spotfire
Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent preferred
Date Posted: 11-07-2019
back to Career page